she spreads her love

Sunday, September 17, 2006

shower much?

This is by far the coolest thing I read last week...it makes me wish I had gone into something more science-y, but then I remembered I don't have the patience for that, so I should just stick to trying to write about it :-p

well, I died a little inside yesterday...that is all I'm going to say about that

and my work threw me a surprise wedding shower on friday! it was so much fun...my mom was even able to get liam to TAKE A DAY OFF WORK, which NEVER happens...but then I found out he took it because if he didn't he'd stop accruing hours because he was maxed out :-p so I was still really happy that he took the day off to surprise me, but I had to laugh that he was extra willing to do it because he *had* to, in a way :-) we got our new foreman grill (from my parents, so we went ahead and started using it already) - seriously the coolest thing ever...it's, like, the G5 or something, and it has REMOVABLE, DISHWASHER-SAFE plates...no more having to scrub the damn grill and make a bigger mess in the kitchen! plus, it not only has the grill plates, it has a griddle, and waffle plates...so I made waffles yesterday morning, and the boys made brats last night...I made a gigantic mess with the waffles initially (*cough*ididntreaddirectionsiamturningintoaman*cough*), but once I figured it out, it was pretty sweet...the grill was the one thing liam was really excited about on our registry, so we were pretty stoked...it was nice to get a bunch of our other kitchen stuff, too...I'm so looking forward to having a "Grown up" kitchen with nice, new things that all match, rather than something pieced together with college leftovers, hand-me-downs from the 70s, and mismatched utensils...just have to wait 34 more days until I can empty our current kitchen and fill it with new stuff ;-)

yep, that's all that's left...34 days...I need to seriously stop being the gigantic slack ass I've been the last month and get in gear...I still have a to-do list that's, like, 70 things long :-/ AND I haven't mailed the dresses to kelly or dani yet (they're going to the post office on monday, I promise!)...I'm so horrible...but I was able to pick things up a bit last thursday, so hopefully it's a sign that I'm going to be able to get my butt moving and finish this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home