she spreads her love

Monday, April 10, 2006

*bow down*

oh, to have the blogging zeal and updating discipline of kelly :-p I feel bad when I don't update for a month - kelly, does your head explode when you don't update for a day? ;-)
<3!

maybe if I had something worthy of updating...I don't want to drone endlessly on my wedding planning, I get tired of bitching about my job, my career plans change more often than the weather, and I don't think anyone even knows what the jaycees is :-p I guess I could educate a bit on that...

the jaycees (aka Junior Chamber of Commerce) is actually a pretty cool organization - its essentially a service club/personal enrichment organization for people age 18-41...I joined because my boss was looking for a community organization for me to get involved with (part of my job description), and I'm actually really glad she talked me into it...it's soooooooooooo nice to be active with people MY OWN AGE (not that I don't love my co-workers who are old enough to be my parents...) we do fun stuff, like hockey games, international restaurant nights, holiday parties, etc., but we also do service stuff like helping with our hospital's Kids Health Fair, a variety of back-to-school programs for under privileged kids, the annual city Christmas parade, and hopefully more, as our chapter comes back to life...if you want more info, go to www.pomonajaycees.org, and visit the links page to look up a chapter near you, it's really a lot of fun!

(can you tell I'm the Marketing and PR vice president on our chapter's board of directors? :-p)

I'm on a co-ed volleyball team, too, and I LOVE it!! one of my teammates is actually a video game developer (worked on WoW before leaving blizz for ncsoft), and is really gung-ho about helping Liam figure out what he wants to do in the industry, help him get started, set up meetings with the higher-ups in blizz because he still hangs out with them, all sorts of stuff...its really cool...and our team is AWESOME...it'll never be as good as the Question Marks, but for our league, we kick ass...we have a good shot at the league title, which makes me happy...you know I don't play unless I know I'll win ;-)

that's it really...unless you want wedding details, in which case, just email me or catch me on IM :-p

I've decided I hate being in my early to mid-20s...I'm supposed to be all adult-ish and independent, but I can't afford to do anything I want, I feel like life is kicking my ass, and it's really hard because 90% of the time, I have no idea what I'm doing, and yet I'm supposed to :-p I never thought I'd say this, but bring on middle age! I hate not having everything figured out :-p

I think I'll stop babbling now...I'll try to take some inspiration from kelly and update more than once a quarter ;-)

2 Comments:

Blogger dani said...

bring on middle age?? i think thats one of the saddest things i've ever seen you type. and this includes the self-loathing that rolls around every year in mid-april. the poverty and the uncertainty are what make this time so exciting. sure, we can't buy everything we want to, but at the same time, we have so few settled committments. we're not tied down. that is something to relish.

22:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I update because I'm so egotistical that I think people care about what I have to say about every moment of my life! Ha!

Actually, I love reading other people's blogs and knowing how their day went, what they're thinking about, etc., so I figure I should be at least as prolific as I would love my friends to be ;-)

It's also called being bored at work and knowing that your friends are also bored at their respective workplaces, so you blog for each others' benefit ;-)

And I HAVE heard of the Jaycees, and I DO want to read all your "boring" stuff because I'm so taking notes from you for my future wedding... however much into the future that happens to be! ;-)

11:04  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home