she spreads her love

Monday, March 06, 2006

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

erin's newest wacky idea for not being in business for the rest of her life: seven words
entry-level master of science in nursing
its a fairly new idea, and the school I want to go to is only starting its program this coming fall semester (it already has a successful bachelors and masters program for people who are already RNs)...basically, with the nationwide nurse shortage, nursing schools were being faced with more and more people with college degrees who were (a) not happy in their current job and (b) interested in becoming a nurse...but going to a community college to get an AS wasn't really sounding too keen to them...so, enter the entry-level masters program
people who already have college degrees, but are not RNs, enroll in this 3-year program (approx. 3 years - if you have prereqs to take, it'll be longer), and for the first year, you take all the classes you need to get your RN license...after that first year, you can start working as an RN, and the final 2 years are the actual classes for earning your masters
so...if I get into the program, I'm going to start taking the 4 prereqs I need next fall (chem, micro biology, anatomy/phys, and nutrition), then the following fall, I start taking my RN courses...then get my RN license in the summer, and start my masters the next fall :-)
in theory, of course...and I'm going to have to do interesting things with my job/our living arrangements (living with your parents for a year after being married anyone? :-p)...but, in the end, I think it will be totally worth it
now if only I could pull it off.......

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can do it!!! <3 beffo

16:38  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home