Scheduling
I'm changing up my workout schedule a bit. Before, I did a "double day" (run/gym and volleyball) on Tuesdays, and Wednesday was a rest day with nothing scheduled. I did this for a couple weeks, and I dragged...until last week. I didn't start sleeping more until Thusday last week, but I did only volleyball on Tuesday, ran on Wednesday, and didn't have a single day where I did "nothing"...and I felt great! Knowing I will have a class in the evenings on Thursdays starting in April, this is the new workout schedule I'm transitioning to:
Monday - Gym
Tuesday - Volleyball (and sleeping in!)
Wednesday - Run (speedwork; most likely in the evening after work, unless I have an early game on Tuesdays...which also means more sleeping in!)
Thursday - Gym
Friday - Run (medium distance; mornings for now, in the evenings after work while I have class - again, more sleeping in!)
Saturday - Run (short distance)
Sunday - Run (long distance)
I suppose this makes volleyball "active recovery?" Either way, I had a lot more energy at the end of the week, and my best long run to date on Sunday, by doing something physical all seven days last week than by taking a full day off to sit on my butt.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home