she spreads her love

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Half Marathon...

I'm thisclose to signing up for a half marathon this summer/fall.  I found a training program that seems reasonable (from the same Web site I used to get to 5K):  http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_4/134.shtml.  I usually substitute one 3M run with a volleyball game, and have to move the runs around a bit during the week to work with my work and gym schedule, but I feel like this program would be the best fit for me.

Of course, my new dilemma is to pick a run.  The program is 12 weeks long, but I'm already at the week 1-3 level, and have been for awhile, so I feel like I'd pick up the program around week 4 (run hills, run 8M).  If I start in week 4, I could conceivably be ready in 8 weeks.  There are two half marathons on May 2 in Orange County (great planning, race directors!), which would be totally doable if I started at week 4.  There are also Rock 'n Roll half marathons in San Diego and San Jose in June and November, a half at Disneyland in September, and a pie-in-the-sky half in Seattle at the end of June (pie-in-the-sky because I don't know that I'll have the vacation time/$$ to pull it off, but I would KILL to run in one of my favorite cities).

I'm leaning toward pushing for one of the May 2 races, or picking the June 6 race in San Diego.  Seattle still haunts me, though.

Decisions, decisions...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home