Reset Button
This week has been a little rough resolution-wise. We had some crazy weather that doesn't happen often in So Cal, which really threw off my groove. Only one trip to the gym and one run this week. :-( The rest of the week was spent dodging down pours and failing to convince myself that two to three treadmill runs would be fun. Liam and I are going to start a working-out-exclusive white board calendar on our fridge this week, where we'll write our workouts on the days we plan to do them, hoping to appeal to our need to cross things off lists. I may try posting my weekly workout schedule here, too, just to have it staring me in the face in another place. I wish www.dailymile.com had a similar "scheduling" option.
For this week's monthly cookbook recipe (the one resolution I am totally rocking), we made Tina Yao Lu's Chicken with Spinach from The Breath of the Wok. It was surprisingly similar to creamed spinach, without the cream - the spinach was blanched, chopped, and then finished with the chicken chunks in a chicken broth and cornstarch sauce. We both though the flavors in this recipe needed a little more punch, so I think next time I'll try adding a little ginger or red pepper. I also didn't have any mushrooms on hand, like the recipe called for, but I'm not sure that would have made a huge difference.
Next week is the last week for this month's cookbook, and we'll be making two dinners (four recipes) from it, mostly because I couldn't decide between the two meals, so we rolled dice for it, and then when I was at the Asian vegetable stand at the farmers market, I still had both on the brain, and bought the ingredients for both recipes anyway. We're going to try Chinese broccoli this week, which I'm really excited about, because it looks nothing like "normal" broccoli. And, Liam has agreed to eat both shrimp and scallops, which I'm also very excited about. I'm so glad he's decided he does like eating seafood after all.

3 Comments:
i totally hear you on the treadmill thing. after running outside over the long weekend, i really don't want to get on the elliptical again.
i'm with you on the planning, too. i plan my menus, i do lesson plans for school, i even plan my outfits each week so i don't need to worry about it at 6:30 in the morning. you'd think I'd plan my workouts too, and i really should! maybe we can both try to hold each others feet to the fire?
That would be great! I also plan out my menu and outfits, but that seems to be the extent of my planning drive.
Glad to hear you plan outfits too! I thought I was the only one.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home