Amy Tan's Family's Jiao-zi
January 2010's cookbook is The Breath of a Wok by Grace Young. My mother-in-law gave it to me as a bridal shower gift, and I had yet to do much more than thumb through it. Liam loves Asian food, and really wanted dumplings, so we decided to make the recipe for Amy Tan's Family's Jiao-zi. They weren't as complicated ingredient-number-wise as the dumplings/pot stickers we usually make, which was actually refreshing. Liam is a master dumpling pleater, so I don't mind having to roll out 50+ wrappers. This was also our first time boiling them (in a wok!), as we usually do pot stickers. I don't think I like one style of cooking more than the other - we'll probably end up boiling half and making the other half pot stickers, and will definitely borrow elements (like the dipping sauce!) from this recipe for future dumpling attempts.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home