she spreads her love

Sunday, March 04, 2007

from chaos

well, I think I've hit that "it's been a month, I should update" point :-)

officially finished my time at old job on Feb. 23...it was tough to leave my coworkers, but not tough to leave my work :-p I just hope they aren't too screwed with me gone, since I was doing two full-time jobs, and they had no one to replace me when I left :-p

started new job on mar. 1. 5-day weekend was heaven, even if I was lazy and didn't get as much done as I wanted to (but mim made it to 70, so I guess it was worth it?). so far, I love it. I've been given a bunch of projects already (WRITING projects), every in the office seems really nice, and I am almost a clone of my boss ;-) I love being on a college campus, and having the hubby and his best friend within a mile of my building :-) I'm interested to see how my first full week goes.

we've officially "bought" our townhome, even though we haven't figured out the loan stuff yet. we're going to be doubling our size, plus we'll have a garage, washer and dryer, working dishwasher, ceiling fans, a looooooooong stretch of counter space, and 2.5 bathrooms instead of one. if we weren't moving in july, I'd be counting the seconds. :-p we're going to be poor for a long time, and we'll be pretty lonely because we're getting in early on a new development so there won't be many people there yet, but I can't wait. we're going down to our unit and the model again today to see how far it's come in the building process and to fantasize ;-)

oh yeah, and did I mention we'll be getting a kitty and a puppy (well, cat and dog, really, but I call cats and dogs kitties and puppies regardless of their age) as soon as we can once we move in? ;-)

other than that, everything is pretty status quo here. I've been struggling with lent stuff this year, and I'm not sure why, but it's driving me crazy. I'm assuming it's because I haven't been able to devote much time to solidifying what I'm even "doing" for lent between leaving one job, starting another, buying a house, and finishing an online class I'm taking at UCLA, but it's bothering me, none the less. although I have been pretty good at sticking to one of the things I've come up with - not watching trashy/celebrity/reality tv...right after the start of the new real housewives of orange county season and right before the start of the new girls next door season :-p this will probably be harder than any food sacrifice I've ever made (except chocolate, maybe)

I guess I'd better get going on my laundry list of to-do's today...ugh

2 Comments:

Blogger dani said...

i'm so excited your going to get a puppy! you should get a greyhound. specifically, you should come to texas and get one of mine... they're way better and calmer than yapper dogs... and domino needs a home..... =)

06:51  
Blogger Kelly said...

So it's been almost TWO months since you've updated now ;-)

Just a friendly reminder from your personal blog-police-officer, ha ha!!

09:46  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home