what to do...
sorry I haven't been blogging at an acceptable rate kelly ;-)
the truth is I've just felt very blah lately, unhappy with a few things, conflicted about others, and that hasn't really put me in the mood to post...BUT since I decided to make stir fry for dinner tonight and have a million things to slice and dice, here I am :-p
I hate my job. next subject.
well, seriously, I'm tired of doing two full time positions, and getting paid for one (and even then, it's less than I'd be paid at a for-profit company)...my one boss is just impossible to work for, my other one has had some health issues that has made working for her difficult, I work with stupid/mean/disrespectful/selfish/insert-other-not-nice-word-here people, and nothing ever gets done...I love the people in my office, as people, but that is becoming not enough to keep me in this job...so I'm going to take some extension classes, and start looking for a new one, because I just can't take this much longer :-(
and it's been hot here, which has really pissed me off...we were in the 90s this weekend...the 90s!! thanksgiving is 3 bloody days away! I want sweaters and jeans damn it! such BS
and I can't believe it's advent already...I really don't know what to do about that...it seems like every week I go to mass with the same, "I'm sorry I've been a slacker on the whole praying and serving other things" song and dance, and I'm getting really tired of it...and yet, I just can't make that next step...I NEED to find something service-related to do...I'm not getting that in the jaycees (for which I'm a board member again in 2007 - I need to learn how to say no), but I'm not sure where to get it...I've decided that people are basically expected to work 12-hour days between the ages of 22-30 (or kids, whichever comes first), because there are seriously very few "things" for people my age to do...no groups at my church, I'm the youngest by several years in the jaycees, I just can't find something with other 20somethings, which really bums me out, because, while I adore the friends I have, I need more friends, in my area, that are my age, that aren't all about going out to bars and drinking...sigh
and I adjusted my hours at work to try working out in the mornings, because by the time I get home, it's dark and cold, and I want to cook in my pjs, not go for a run :-p I did my first work out this morning, which was interesting, because I almost passed out in the shower because I hadn't eaten anything :-p so I need to tinker with my morning routine a bit...having to take thyroid meds that require me to not eat 30-60 mins. after taking them doesn't help :-/ so we'll see what I come up with...but I seriously hope I can figure out a morning workout schedule, and then stick to it...because I've already put on several pounds since the summer, and I don't want to put on more during the winter months :-p plus, a woman down the hall at work has breast cancer now, and she's only, like, 32, so I REALLY want to just take care of myself and be as healthly as I can be in general, because chronic/terminal illnesses are scary :-(
and did I mention our apartment is still a mess? and that I haven't put a single wedding gift away (that pan is awesome dani, btw - and it's so freaking heavy!), or written a thank you note?
so see, that's why I haven't blogged much...haven't really had anything fun or exciting to report ;-)

2 Comments:
Yeah, whatever, not accepting the excuse ;-)
Unless you can honestly tell me that what you just posted is ANY different than most of my posts...
Which you CAN'T.
I'm pretty sure that I speak for your other bloglits when I say that we want to know what's going on in your world, for better or for worse, for rich or for poor, in sickness and in health ;-)
kelly is right. we will take the good and the bad.
and i totally hear you on the whole finding people my age thing. the only group at my church seems geared towards singles events (which i don't need). and i started volunteering at a therapeutic riding place, but all the other volunteers are in junior or high school (not even kidding). and then all the grey hound people (with the exception of one whose 30 something) are 50 or 60 years old. i'm beginning to think that the existence of other 20 somethings (outside of 'i just turned 21' college kids) is a myth.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home