she spreads her love

Thursday, February 04, 2010

Beginning of February

I never got around to making polenta, so I didn't try any new grains in January.  Boo.  I'm going to have to put more effort into using the amazing grain section in World Vegetarian this month.  I'm also changing February's cookbook slightly - still a Madhur Jaffrey Indian cookbook, but I'll be cooking from her Indian Cooking book instead of A Taste of India.  My initial cookbook selection was more interesting, but it had some ingredients that are difficult to find.  I'm still planning to make a trip to my city's most popular Indian market to see what I can find, but I think I'll like the flexibility of the new cookbook.

I'm also trying to expand my cookbook selection, and brought home nine cookbooks from the library, and another I borrowed from a co-worker.  I'd like to add more ethnic cookbooks to my collection, so I'm browsing some that are on various "Best of..." lists to see what I can find.  I'm really excited about trying new dishes and hopefully finding some great cookbooks.

I've got a pretty good handle on the food and exercising resolutions I've made (as far as being mindful of them), so I think I'm going to break my other resolutions into groups, and try to put emphasis on two or three each month so I don't let things fall through the cracks. 

Because Lent is starting this month, I think I'll put more effort into going to Mass again, as I've been really lax for the last few months.  I don't really have a good reason outside of laziness (the parish I like is out of the way from my normal travel patterns, and the one close to me just isn't a good fit), so I need to think about adding prayer to my daily routine again.

I'll also focus on our filing system, because it is currently in a huge pile in our dining area, and I'd like to have it all cleaned up and organized before March 1, when my father-in-law starts staying with us again.  Three weeks to finish...

I already know I'll have to postpone this resolution until next year, because the classes I need to finish it aren't going to be offered again until next winter and spring (already taking a class this spring - only three more left!), and I'm not sure I want to start another certificate program in the remaining two quarters:  Finish my UCLA Certificate in Public Relations, and consider the UC Irvine Certificate in Web Design

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home