she spreads her love

Monday, February 22, 2010

Mini-Funk

In a bit of a funk these last two weeks, without a good reason.  Well, maybe I should qualify that - I've been in a bit of a funk while at work.  :-p  Working out has been going great, felt my best ever on my 7-mile run yesterday, and looking forward to 8 miles next Sunday.  Finally made it to mass this weekend (I think Saturday evening masses are going to be my key...), and it felt soooooo good.  I've been cooking a lot, watching some great movies/TV/Olympics, enjoying video games with my friends...pesky work.  :-)  I didn't talk to my mom or sister-in-law much last week or over the weekend, maybe that's it...

I made an Indian fish dish on Friday from what is rapidly becoming my new favorite cookbook (it's going to be my first present to myself after we pay off our Hawaiian vacation and our new smart phones in April - thank you, tax refund!), and it was, as always, delicious.  Madhur Jaffrey just flat out writes amazing cookbooks.  We're making a beef and spinach dish with potatoes for this week's meal, and I have to admit, I'm sad to see this cookbook "go."  But, I'll be using a Turkish cookbook my Turkish co-worker let me borrow next month, so that should be fun.  I just wish I could get eggplant and grape leaves at the farmers market this time of year!

Still failing miserably with my trying to eat a new grain twice every month resolution.  Maybe I'll make a pilaf with roasted squash and couscous or barley this Friday to go with our fish instead of my go-to risotto.  That would at least be one new grain attempt in February!

I'm interested to see how being on vacation for a week in March affects my resolutions.  It'll throw cooking off slightly, and I'm actually a little nervous about my running, because I don't have a week to "give up" in my training program between now and my May 2 half.  I have to convince myself to run 5-6 miles a couple times, and get in one 9-miler.  Eep!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home